Encroachment Permits are required for any work that will be done in the public right-of-way. The items listed must be filled out and submitted along with the encroachment permit application. Any applications that are submitted without the attached documents will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.

To submit the application for review, please send via email, mail or in person at the PW Front Counter. 


  • Certificate of insurance with the City of South Gate as additionally insured
  • Copy of Business License from City of South Gate 
  • Copy of Project Plans/Drawings
  • Project Schedule/Number of Working Days
  • Site specific Traffic Control Plan (if applicable), or MUTCD/ or CATTCH cut sheet that reflects scope and area. Please see Encroachment Permit Application to view requirements.
Residents(Bin in Right-of-Way):