COVID-19 Testing Locations:
South Gate Park- 9615 Pinehurst Ave
CVS – Huntington Park 3208 E. Florence Ave
Alta Med – South Gate 8627 Atlantic Blvd
Walgreens – South Gate 9830 Long Beach Blvd
NorthShore Clinical – South Gate 9836 Atlantic Blvd
Free Rapid * PCR Testing – South Gate 8634 Garfield Ave
St. Andrews Medical Center – Lynwood 11017 Atlantic Blvd
Walgreens – Lynwood 4351 El Imperial Hwy
Virtue Medical Group – Lynwood 3680 El Imperial Hwy
Walgreens – Downey 8030 Imperial Hwy
Northeast Community Clinic – Huntington Park 2975 Zoe Ave
Gardens Medical Center – Bell Gardens 7218 Garfield Ave
Leon H. Washington Park – Los Angeles 8908 Male Ave.
LAUSD COVID-19 Testing
Anyone 18+ can get a COVID-19 booster 6 months after Moderna & Pfizer and 2 months after J&J vaccines. It's recommended that everyone eligible get a booster as soon as possible to ensure increased protection during the holiday season. Learn more at VaccinateLACounty.com
Here is how you can get a vaccine:
- Make an appointment at VaccinateLACounty.com.
- Contact your healthcare provider and/or local pharmacy.
Vaccinations are free and available to all, regardless of immigration status or insurance coverage. For those who have insurance, coverage information may be requested as part of the appointment scheduling process.
FREE COVID-19 Programs and Services
A look at South Gate programs and services available to residents during the COVID-19 pandemic. To view, click here.
Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The City is funding an Emergency Rental Assistance Program with Compatior, Inc. to provide rental assistance to residents impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications will be available beginning February 1, 2021. For more information, please call (323) 378-2009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org..
Recovery Resource Guide
The City prepared a Recovery Resource Guide that provides a list of valuable resources available to the community in response to COVID-19, such as financial recovery assistance, small business grants, health and well-being services and more. Click here to view.
Updated Health Officer Order
The Los Angeles County is moving toward new standards for safe reopening in alignment with the State of California guidelines. For more information please click here.
LA County Eviction Moratorium
The Board of Supervisors approved an extension of the temporary eviction moratorium. The moratorium was extended until February 28, 2021 and may be extended by the Board on a month to month basis. For more information please visit https://dcba.lacounty.gov/noevictions/ or click here
Free Mental Health Counseling Services
Mental Health Resources
The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (LACDMH) supports the wellbeing of our County family, friends and colleagues. When you hear, read, or watch news about an outbreak of infectious disease, you may feel anxious and show signs of stress—even when the outbreak affects people far from where you live and you are at low or no risk of getting sick. These signs of stress are normal and may be more likely in people with loved ones in parts of the world affected by the outbreak. During an infectious disease outbreak, care for your own physical and mental health and reach out in kindness to those affected by the situation. For additional information, click here. LACDMH’s 24/7 Access Line at (800) 854-7771 is available to provide mental health support, resources and referrals.
- For the closest food pantry/bank to you, visit: Los Angeles Food Bank Pantry Locator
- Free Senior Lunch Program at the South Gate Senior Center (562) 806-5400
- Everytable is offering meals to everyone. Food distribution for seniors who need food brought to their homes. Food available for students, (323) 458 - 6487.
- Seniors who need food delivery, call Greater Emmanuel Temple at (424) 296-0400
- Food Pantry, Southeast Churches Service Center, 2780 East Gage Avenue, Huntington Park, CA. 90255, (323) 585-8254.
Great Plates Delivered Program
Free meal delivery service is available to South Gate seniors. Great Plates Delivered has two purposes:
- Help seniors and other adults at high risk from COVID-19 to stay home and stay healthy by delivering three nutritious meals a day, and
- Provide essential economic stimulus to local businesses struggling to stay afloat during the COVID-19 crisis.
For more information or to apply visit https://wdacs.lacounty.gov/greatplates/ or call 2-1-1.
Homeless Prevention and Counseling Program
The City’s Homeless Prevention and Counseling program is operated by Helpline Youth Counseling and assists low-income South Gate residents at risk of experiencing homelessness with rental payments, security and utility deposits. For more information, call (213) 226-0969 or visit hycinc.org.
Suspension of Utility Service Disconnections
To help families with financial hardship due to COVID-19, the City’s Water Division, SoCalGas and Southern California Edison are not suspending service or disconnecting customers who are unable to pay their bill until further notice. For more information, contact the service provider below:
City Water Division: (323) 563-9586
Southern California Edison: 1-800-655-4555
Workforce Development Program
The City’s Workforce Development Program will be operated by HUB Cities and will assist job seekers in obtaining employment and strengthening their skill set. Job seekers will receive assistance with résumé and job application preparation as well as job search support. This program will also offer various workshops and training classes that teach interview techniques and provide career guidance. For more information, visit hubcities.com or call (323) 586-4707.
COVID-19 Business Resources, click here
- Proclamation Extending the Local Emergency
- COVID-19 Programs and Services
- In-Memoriam: COVID-19
- Virtual Recreation Center - Stay Active and Connected
- Virtual Business Resource Center
- Suspension of Utility Service Disconnections
- Executive Order to Restrict Eviction of Commercial and Residential Tenants
- Proclamation Declaring the Existence of a Local Emergency
- South Gate’s Water Quality Remains Unaffected by COVID-19